Terms and Conditions
Forest Casualwear supply school uniforms for over forty schools in the South Essex area from our large shop in Loughton High Street, as well as an extensive range of corporate wear and sports strips. We have been trading since 1965.
Our experienced staff can advise on all aspects of school uniforms including the requirements of individual schools.
Our Contact Details
Forest Casual & Schoolwear
144 High Road, Loughton, Essex, IG10 4BE, United Kingdom
Phone: 020 8508 2848
Making A Purchase
Making a purchase could not be easier. Just browse our store, and add any items that you wish to buy into the shopping cart. After you have finished your selection, click on 'Checkout' and you will be asked for a few details that we need to be able to complete the order.
When confirmation of order is received, this is to indicate that we have received your order. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us. We will indicate acceptance of your order, and hence a contract between us, when we send you an invoice. We have included this term to protect us in the case that a mistake has been made in pricing, we have inadvertently under-priced goods, or we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason. In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable.
Shipping And Handling
Please note that we can only process internet orders to MAINLAND UK addresses. We do ship to EU member countries - please contact us by phone to place your order.
Parcels will be sent by APC and need to be signed for to guarantee safe delivery. If there is no-one to sign for your parcel, it will be returned to the relevant depot for you to collect or to arrange an alternative delivery date. Please consider specifying an alternative delivery address if you or someone else will not be available to sign for parcels at your home address.
We cannot be held responsible for any items not collected from the relevant depots and we reserve the right to make additional charge should we have to arrange re-delivery
Collecting From Store
You can choose to collect your goods from our shop in Loughton and not pay postage. In this case, please wait until we have sent you an email to confirm the goods are ready for collection. Please show this email to our staff in store to enable them to release your items.
You have 10 working days to collect your order from store after receiving your email. After this date, orders will be refunded and items will be returned to stock. Personalised items will be disposed of after 3 months if not collected.
If your item is not in stock, we will back order for you. You will always be emailed with the option to cancel your order if you would rather not wait. You will only be charged once for delivery up to a maximum of £4.95, no matter how many items you order.
VAT is included where applicable in the prices shown on the website.
Credit Card Security
When the order is placed at our website, you will be transferred to a secure server during the checkout process to enter your credit card details. Credit card numbers are encrypted using 128-bit encryption. They are only decrypted after they reach our computer. They are not held in clear text on any web site.
We guarantee your satisfaction. All of our products come with a 28 day no quibble guarantee, for purchases in store.
Forest Casualwear do not disclose buyers' information to third parties other than when order details are processed as part of the order fulfilment. In this case, the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party.
Cookies are used on this shopping site where they are strictly necessary for the site functionality. They are used to aid navigation, and to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart. If you log in to an account, your logged-in status is recorded in a temporary cookie. If you select the 'Remember Me' option in the checkout, a cookie will be used to remember your details. You can turn off cookies by blocking them in your browser Privacy settings. If you turn off cookies, you will be unable to place orders or benefit from the other features that use them.
Data collected by this site is used to:
a. Take and fulfil customer orders.
b. Administer and enhance the site and service.
c. Only disclose information to third-parties for goods delivery purposes.
Purchases in Store:
- You have 28 days from the date of purchase to exchange or have a full refund.
- As long as the item is unused, in its original packaging with the swing ticket and accompanied by a valid proof of purchase.
- You must advise us, within 14 days of receiving your order that you wish to return all or part of it.
- Please contact us for a 'Returns Authorisation Number' before bringing/sending them back.
- Please mark on your packing list the items you are returning and place this in the bag with your items.
- If posting items back to us please make sure your 'Returns Authorisation Number' is marked clearly on the outside of the package.
- If you are returning goods to store, please make sure they are in a sealed package with the 'Returns Authorisation Number' clearly marked on the outside.
- Returns must be received back at the store within 14 working days of the 'Returns Authorisation Number' being provided.
- If you wish to return or exchange up to 3 items this can be done in store without a return’s authorisation number. Please ensure you have your packing list as proof of purchase.
- All goods must be returned unused, with swing tickets and in original packaging clean and dry (Health and Safety Act 1974) and in a resalable condition.
- Please note socks and tights are non-refundable.
- Wrongly ordered items will be exchanged (a delivery charge will be made) or refunded minus the original delivery charge. Customers are strongly advised to use recorded delivery for returns as we cannot accept liability for goods lost in transit.
Faulty items must be returned clean and dry (Health and Safety Act 1974). A refund or exchange will only be issued after inspection of goods (and return for inspection by manufacturer if necessary). Please allow up to 14 days for this to take place. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Please note that personalised embroidered or printed items cannot be returned unless there is an error in the printing which is demonstrably our fault. Please take extra care in writing the name to be printed.
Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive which can be found at http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htm